[rp-ml] combination of nanomaterials and RP systems

From: Alair Emory (alaire@javelin3d.com)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 21:26:34 EEST

Hello All:

Since there has been a lot of discussion about nano technology, I just
would like to let everyone know about work that we have done combining
nano-technology and RP techniques.

One program was funded by the National Science Foundation and involved
using nanophase Hyrdoxyapatite powder along with traditional bioceramic
powders to produce filaments for the FDM process to build bio ceramic
scaffold structures.

The other involved nanophase alumina and silicon nitride powders along
with traditional ceramic powders which were used to produce ceramic
insulators for space-based systems using both direct (LOM) and indirect
(SLA patterns, rapid tooling and ceramic injection molding) RM
approaches. This was a 5 year program that we just finished. All
components produced by these rapid production methods underwent
physical test runs in thruster systems.

Alair Emory
Senior Partner
Javelin3D, LLC
533 S 700 E
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
ph. 801.466.5518
fx. 801.363.6376
"Contract Research, Medical Modeling, Rapid Prototyping, Product Design"
For More Info:
www.javelin3d.com