Re: [rp-ml] A public survey on terminology

From: Brock Hinzmann (bhinzmann@sric-bi.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 09:22:10 EEST

I pretty much agree with Steve's logic. 3-D printer is
likely to be the easiest for the general public to
understand and to glom onto. I like the sound of SFFer
(Siffer), but explaining solid free-form fabrication takes
too long. I thought about something in regard to desktop
manufacturing, but I kept thinking desktopia or destopia,
which sounds like dystopia (the opposite of utopia). But I
would like to vote for:

Freeforming
to freeform
on a freeformer

Free sounds Free and you could turn it into the open
source thing. It also sounds like Reformer.

Brock H