Re: [rp-ml] What type of adhesive is used in a Z-Corp Machine?

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 17:16:59 EEST

In a message dated 05-08-18 16:12:07 EDT, tw@wohlersassociates.com writes:

<<
 Long ago, I was told that the binder is mostly water with some alcohol, as
well as some "other chemicals." The exact formulation is a closely held secret,
so I doubt we will ever find out precisely what it is.

 Regards,

 Terry

 ************
 Terry Wohlers
 Wohlers Associates, Inc.

Hi Folks:

Well, actually - if you know where to look, you can find out plenty on this
subject. Many chemistry systems have been described for various material
families - and far from all of the work in this area is from Z Corp.

Where to look first is in intellectual property documents, and second, in the
technical literature. Some of the systems are fairly complex and subtle,
actually.

Ed Grenda
Castle Island Co.
EdGrenda@aol.com (email)

The Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/