Re: [rp-ml] functional graded materials

From: Michael Ervin (ervinm@austin.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 20:52:32 EEST

You may already be aware of this but Google Scholar [
http://scholar.google.com/] is a good starting point. I typed functional
graded materials into it and got a very large listing of scholarship on the
subject.

Regards

Mike Ervin

From: Carl Hauser <C.Hauser@liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:25:05 +0100
To: <rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi>
Subject: [rp-ml] functional graded materials

Hi Everyone,

An MSc student of mine is planning to write a review of research on
functional
graded structures, with a view to investigating the feasibility of
graduating
material properties through a component. He is also interested in finding
out
if any research exists where build and/or part parameters have been tailored
control material properties.

I would be very grateful for any references or full papers/articles on this
subject area that I could pass onto him. Can I also stress that this is not
machine specific request, he is interested in research being conducted on
all
layer additive systems.

Thank you and Best Regards

Carl.