RE: [rp-ml] SLS - How much material can be recycled?

From: EXT-Taylor, Tracy L (tracy.l.taylor@boeing.com)
Date: Tue Sep 06 2005 - 22:51:04 EEST

Shane

While I agree that the new powder feed systems are, as you stated,
"effortless and accurate"...How well do they work in practice. Since I
have no experience with such a feeder there is one big question in my
mind.

If the powder added into the recycle hopper isn't close to or the same
as what is already there... OR If the powder in the recycle hopper isn't
homogeneous...Wouldn't your powder blend ratio need to change during
your build to give you a consistent end result?

We blend in batches to make sure the powder is consistent. Just curious
how you achieve that with a continuous feed system.

Tracy Taylor
818-586-9266
Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne, Inc.