[rp-ml] Interested in an SLA-250/30/50 conversion to Viper

From: Sheku Kamara (kamara@msoe.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 20:45:08 EEST

I am interested in converting our SLA 250/50 to run like a Viper. I am
sending this post to see how many of you are interested in an adventure
like that.

I know that the laser and other updates are currently available for this
platform, but I'm looking into opting out of the DOS platform and
capitalize on the software & speed advantages of the windows platform. I
expect the cost to include updated galvos, controller cards, computer, etc.
But
If the cost is less than $50K are you interested?
If it is between $50K and $80K are you interested?
If the cost is more than $80K are you still interested?

If I had the money I'll buy a Viper outright, so I'm looking for other
options and comments.

Looking forward to your thoughtful comments.

Regards.
Sheku

Sheku Kamara
Manager of Operations