Re: [rp-ml] SLS Aluminum Filled Material

From: Terry Wohlers (tw@wohlersassociates.com)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 21:50:26 EET

Hi Scott,

EOS has offered the Alumide material since December 2003. The material is a mixture of nylon and aluminum powder (30% aluminum by volume) and is processed on the company's plastic laser sintering (EOSINT P) machines. The Centre for Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing at Central University of Technology, Free State (South Africa) uses Alumide regularly.

Regards,

Terry

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.