Re: [rp-ml] SLS Aluminum Filled Material

From: Timothy J Gornet (tim.gornet@louisville.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 21:46:43 EET

Scott,

That is the EOS Alumide product. It is the aluminum filled version of
their regular PA.

Tim

Tim Gornet Manager, RP Operations
email: tim.gornet@louisville.edu
Rapid Prototyping Center
 Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292
Phone: (502)852-0714 FAX: (502)852-8890
http://www.louisville.edu/speed/rpc/

>>> "Scott Tilton" <stilton@protoprod.com> 11/14/05 10:31 AM >>>
Hi Everyone.

I am looking for information about / personal experiences with the
Aluminum Filled Polyamide material that is available for SLS machines
these days.

I don't have any specific questions about it, but rather just wanted
know if anyone wanted to add their 2 cents on the topic.

Well . .wait a minute. I do have a specific question.

At the SME meeting in Dearborn, when RP parts were collected from
vendors to build a small toy combination safe.

My safe has its mainbody made out of what looks like aluminum filled
plastic material.

Although it has the EOS logo on it. I didn't know EOS had anything
besides regular and glass filled PA.

A quick look on the EOS website doesn't tell me anything about their
materials.

(Granted I didn't look TOO long. But then if it is a good website . .I
shouldn't have to spend half an hour looking for information about
their
materials)

Thanks in advance for any information.

Scott Tilton