[rp-ml] Direct & indirect metal layer manufacturing review

From: Wesley Brooks (wesbrooks@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 21:55:56 EET

Dear RPML users,

I'm currently in the middle of a review of current state of the art
direct and indirect metal layer manufacturing machines. So far I've
looked at the information avalible from the following manufacturers
websites:

3D Systems,
Arcam,
Concept Laser,
EOS,
MCP Realizer,
Optomec,
Phenix Systems,
Trumpf.

I have limited information from the pdf files on the manufacture's
websites and have detailed information and experience on the MCP
system. I will soon try to get an idea of users opinions of strengths
and weaknesses of the systems from past postings on this mailing list.

Is there an online reference site with more detailed information or
comparisons on these machines anywhere? I would be particually
interested in reading through the lastest user system & software
manuals to get an idea of procedures for running the machines.
Detailed pictures of the systems would also be very useful.

Many thanks in advance of any information that any of you can supply.

Yours Faithfully,

Wesley Brooks.