RE: [rp-ml] Our horrifying experience with Objet EDEN 260

From: Charles Overy (comobile@lgmmodel.com)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 10:27:55 EET

It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience with your machine.

However on a public list perhaps you could give a little more background
on your business, what you expected of the machine and if the new one
meets your needs. It would be very informative to know if indeed it was
a defective machine, if it was systemic issues associated with the
machine that others on the list could benefit from understanding, or if
it was a bad match of technology to your process.

It would also be of interest to know if you outsourced your additive
fabrication needs before purchasing or knew of competition who uses
this system well and that is why you purchased it. Also it would be
good to know if this was your first venture into additive fabrication
and if you felt that the vendor or sales team gave you adequate training
or opportunity for training.

I have no links to Objet or Stratasys (their US distributor) but know
of people who use this machine to great effect in their businesses and
have not had the issues that you relate. We have discussed the purchase
of this machine and reliability and support are always important.

Charles Overy
Director, LGM