[rp-ml] bridge part manufacture

From: Ian Gibson <mpegi_at_nus.edu.sg>
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 05:50:26 EET

Hi all

I have heard anecdotes of occasions when car manufacturers have used
RP parts in small quantities when launching a new vehicle. This could
be an example of the production tooling not being quite ready at the
launch date and RP parts are used as a stop-gap to avoid delaying the
launch; the part to be replaced later at a service or recall date.

I was wondering whether anyone can confirm that this has happened. If
it has, is there any documentary evidence that anyone can point to?

Regards

IG