RE: [rp-ml] viper blade gapping question

From: Paul Bordner <pbordner_at_laserrepro.com>
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 01:48:57 EET

Phil,

Do not move the platform. Lower the Vat and use a feeler gage. We
typically use .001" smaller feeler gage to achieve the gap we are
looking for. So if you are setting it at .006 gap, then use a .005
feeler gage to set. When finished, the .005" feeler gage should pass
under the blade easily, .006" feeler gage should be tight, and the .007"
feeler gage should not fit under at all.

Hope this helps.

Paul Bordner
VP
Laser Reproductions