Re: [rp-ml] IndoUS Workshop on Rapid Manufacturing (April 17-19) - Invitation

From: Ian Gibson <mpegi_at_nus.edu.sg>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 03:11:23 EET

Dear All

I just wanted to add that following a recent trip
to India, I can confirm that the level of RP
activity in India, both in research and industry,
is very high. After what seemed a hiatus in the
last couple of years, there is now a great push
from industry and government to support Rapid
Manufacturing activities in India.

I would say this is a very good opportunity to
establish new links and investigate new
application fields, particularly in casting. From
an academic point of view I would say that there
some excellent students available in India, with
great motivation and enthusiasm.

I would encourage my colleagues in the US to take
up this excellent opportunity, if I were an American I know I would.

IG