Re: [rp-ml] Rapid prototyping companies

From: Greg Pettengill <coteart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 16:40:34 EEST

On 5/11/06, Carey Dillon <cdillon@exsilent.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> As I am new to this mailinglist I will just post my question here, please
> feel free to let me know if I´m in the wrong place for this.

Hi Carey,

You definitely have found the right place. But with so little traffic on
the list these days, you may want to look in the RPML
Archives<http://home.att.net/%7Ecastleisland/rpml.htm>
.

I am with a product development company currently considering different
> options for our Rapid Prototyping needs:
>
> * Because of the small sizes

How small?

of the plastic housings of our products we generally require very HIGH
> ACCURACY, almost injection moulding quality (+/- 0.05 mm) , in order to
> evaluate them properly.
> * In addition to the highly accurate prototypes described above we are
> looking for ways of rapid prototyping directly into SOFT, silicone

RP materials will mimic properties of Silicone Rubber, but they are NOT
Silicone Rubber.

(or Shore values 50 - 70), material. This also requires high accuracy.

> Can you please suggest of advise where I can find companies with such
> capabilities?
>
> We are considering using service providers or otherwise purchasing a 3D
> printer.
>
> Thank you and kind regards,
>
> Carey Dillon
>
> --