Re: [rp-ml] Super Large RP or AF

From: <bo_at_midcoast.com>
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 21:11:02 EEST

Thanks good people, I really appreciated the update on capabilities of rp
today... I must say I'm surprised no one seems headed in the direction of
trade off towards low cost rp with low accuracy... Not that it is easy. For
the price of a life size, high detail foam bovine, it seems I actually built
a giant 60 ft or 20m snapping turtle with a garden inside: http://
www.midcoast.com/~bo/TurtleGarden.html . I'd still love to get work on a
derrick supported rp system using concrete. I think much more must be
possible at a dollar per pound or a euro for a kilo range, at least by use of
fire-wire cameras with renaissance-ciaro-scuro methods and concrete batcher,
which i kind of used on the turtle... Turtle is mostly soils and less 1$ US
per kilo when you subtract associated landscaping and 60+ meter wetland I
personally dug and leveled for them with a mini excavator.)

Bo
Atkinson