Re: [rp-ml] Desktop Factory

From: Adrian Bowyer <A.Bowyer_at_bath.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 20:51:45 EEST

Quoting Charles Overy <cwho@lgmmodel.com>:

> First, If price per part is much more than >$100 this machine is still
> going to have limited application. As has been stated before on the
> list, the cost per part, (inclusive of ALL materials, maintenance
> contract, drum, lamp, etc) needs to be about an order of magnitude less
> than it is now for widespread consumer use.

Sooner or later someone (maybe even me) will introduce a machine where
you just pour granules from any polymer supplier into a hopper in the
top, as opposed to all this expensive cartridge nonsense...

And when did anyone last buy a maintenance contract on a £50 inkjet printer?

Yours

Adrian

http://staff.bath.ac.uk/ensab
http://reprap.org