[rp-ml] 12/19/06 Update for the Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping web site

From: <EdGrenda_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 05:58:54 EET

Good Morning:
12/19/06 Update for the Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping web site:
* Major Census of RP and RE service bureaus completed.
For the first time since 2003, we've done a major census of rapid
prototyping and reverse engineering service bureaus. While our directory pages are
kept up to date on a day to day basis, there were still numerous changes. Many
of you will find some industry statistics from this census quite
interesting. They're available in a news release on this page:
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/nr112806.htm
* All the Patent Highlight material we've presented for the last several
years from the Additive Fabrication Spy (TM) has now been partitioned into
categories. This makes it much easier to see how the field is developing in a
variety of ways. Robust persons have been known to grow weak in the knees while
more delicate individuals are said to have actually swooned at the
excitement of this presentation of the data. If you feel up to it, judge for yourself
starting at this page:
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/rec_pat.htm
* Our annual Holiday Compendium of jokes and humor (humour in the UK) from
the RPML's dim and fading past - and many other places - will be available for
the next few days from our front page. There are the equivalent of more than
50 printed pages of chuckles and groaners - something to tickle or offend
nearly everyone. Waste a whole afternoon on it soon because it’s too
embarrassing to keep this up for long.
Ed Grenda
The Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/
Castle Island Co.
781-646-6280 (voice or fax)
EdGrenda@aol.com (email)