Re: [rp-ml] 12/19/06 Update for the Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping web ...

From: Bo Atkinson <boa1_at_pivot.net>
Date: Sat Dec 23 2006 - 02:05:20 EET

On Dec 21, 2006, at 3:13 PM, EdGrenda@aol.com wrote:

> ........It's not so easy to describe most of these applications,
> and to really understand them no simple description would be
> sufficient. So, I try to reduce descriptions to their most
> fundamental function. ...snip

Good point Ed,

Yet fundamental functions are ever raising the bar.... You mention
"50 word descriptions". The fact is there are substantially more
than 50 geometric-CAD functions of fundamentals interest to a
designer today. RP perhaps, is more concerned with CAM hardware and
file-format issues. Perhaps no more than 50 headings are needed to
generalize either of these two subjects, I never studied these much.
CAD and CAI keeps me too occupied to do much else.

Markus, Design minds can also prefer very familiar GUI, focus on
personal design idioms, not i.t. maintenance, mathematical-jargon, etc.

Good cheer,

Bo Atkinson