Re: [rp-ml] Fab@Home

From: Adrian Bowyer (A.Bowyer@bath.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2007 - 12:56:13 EET

Ian Gibson wrote:

> seen what existing RP can do. Just look at how printing technology
> migrated into the home. Therefore, their approach should be based on a
> volume fabrication process that doesn't compromise on quality.

But printing technology migrated into the home with the dot-matrix printer;
compare the output of one of those with a commercially-printed book of the same era!

And I don't think we have to compromise that much on quality. The prototype
RepRap is already almost as good as a commercial FDM machine. See Vik Olliver's
RepRap blog for Saturday, January 06, 2007 at http://reprap.blogspot.com/ (click
on the image to get one big enough to see what's going on).

Yours

Adrian

http://staff.bath.ac.uk/ensab
http://reprap.org