Re: [rp-ml] Looking for information about Ramco cleaning station

From: Wehl (m.vries@wehl-partner.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2007 - 13:59:20 EET

Thanks a lot for the input!

Mert de Vries

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andrew Chantrill
  To: Wehl
  Cc: rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi
  Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:06 PM
  Subject: Re: [rp-ml] Looking for information about Ramco cleaning station

  I would not use isopropanol in a cleaner designed for TPM.??

  TPM has low volatility, whereas?isopropanol is very volatile.? Not only would you get very high losses due to evaporation, but run the risk of a fire or an explosion from the vapour!??

  Ideally, if you use IPA you should ensure the extraction fan has an explosion-proof motor (i.e. one that doesn't make sparks!).

  Most people use TPM at room temperature.

  There was a presentation at the 1997 Users' Group Meeting in Orlando on how to measure the level of resin in TPM.? The presentation was by Troy Kuhn from Chrysler and Mark Wynn from Yamazaki.? Tom Sorovetz kindly sent me a copy of this?presentation recently?(via Steve Deak!), and I attach a copy:

  I hope this helps!

  Andrew Chantrill
  T2M Limited
  Sandpipers