RE: [rp-ml] Out Gassing SLAs??

From: Bob Olsen (Bob@protogenic.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2007 - 20:11:44 EET

Judy, a couple years ago a Somos tech support person told me -
========

All resins out gas some. So do most plastics. That is what the film on
the inside of your windshield is, plastics out gassing. If you are
concerned about it you can vent your SLA. Remember that it can only be a
slight venting otherwise you will not be able to maintain proper vat
temperatures or 30 C.

========

I would guess post curing would help speed up the process as well, but
that is only conjecture on my part.

Best regards, Bob Olsen http://www.protogenic.com
<http://www.protogenic.com/>

Protogenic - Your design, our commitment
Bob Olsen regional sales manager
1490 West 121st Avenue, Suite 101
Westminster, CO 80234-3497

* Direct: 303-453-3990