Re: [rp-ml] circular interpolation

From: Caleb at Chinook Sailing Products (purchasing@chinooksailing.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 18:13:58 EET

Fintan, your controller if it supports "standard" G codes may be using G0 point to point moves instead of G1 linear interpolation. Depending on you controller settings this can be relatively smooth motions. To properly program circular interpolation or Arc moves, I would use a "CAM" program especially if you profiles are of any real complexity. You can get stripped down 2 - 3 axis CAM for free many times. I know SurfCAM was offering such a version recently. Alternately, you may investigate the possibility that your controller supports Spline interpolation G1.1 in some code.

HTH

-Caleb Walker
-Purchasing/Product Development
-Phone (541) 374-5005