[rp-ml] Zcorp's parts for SAND CASTING

From: Petar O. (intrio@gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 03:32:25 EEST

Dear colleagues,

I've been using powder models infiltrated with wax (yes, just plane and
normal wax) for sand casting. My results are good but, as you can imagine,
my parts don't last long.

I know wax isn't the toughest infiltration material but I have my reasons to
do so:
1. cheap
2. fast - you can deep the part
3. reusable - just reheat it and it's ready to go.

I don't want to use epoxy because you have to use certain amount so you
won't waste material unnecessary. CA is too expensive.
I've heard that some wood preservative would work fine with the powder but I
haven't tried it.

Do you know some material that would have the same characteristics that the
ones stated above?

Thanks and...keep building layers!
P.-