RE: [rp-ml] Moving the RPML

From: Ian Gibson (mpegi@nus.edu.sg)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 06:12:54 EEST

Dear All

Just to let you know the situation regarding GARPA

I think the consensus is that GARPA would be a good home for rp-ml,
either directly or via FIRPA. That's good to know and it also seems
to make sense to me.

Currently, the GARPA website is located on server space kindly
donated by QMI in Australia. We are thinking about moving across to a
commercial server. If we do that, then there will be support software
for creating list servers that can allow us to replicate the
functions of rp-ml. However, this will take a little time (and money)
and so cannot be done immediately. We can still monitor it and put
the necessary spam and attachment blocks. I think we can also ensure
that Hannu keeps control of rp-ml maintenance, at least in part.

I can also guarantee that the original rp-ml list will never be sold
or used for commercial purposes. I can also see what needs to be done
with the archives.

Perhaps if you can allow me to liaise with Hannu about the logistics
of all this, we can get back to you.

Regards

IG

At 05:24 AM 7/3/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Ed,
>
>Just get that server moved! Certainly GARPA support would be
>fantastic also. The list in it's current form is simple and is
>searchable via browser keyword search though a bit unwieldy given
>the shear amount of posts on a single archive page.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jason Barkla
>CAD/CAM & Rapid Prototyping Manager
>
>A.W.Bell P/L
>145 Abbotts Rd
>Dandenong Sth, VIC 3175
>Australia
>
>Learn more about us at: <http://www.awbell.com.au/>http://www.awbell.com.au
>
>Ph. +61 3 9799 9555
>Fax. +61 3 9799 9666

Associate Professor Ian Gibson
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National University of Singapore

Tel: +65 92777343

Don't look around to find the sound that's right beneath your feet