Re: [rp-ml] Support side SLA parts, ultrasonic cleaning?

From: David.Oblak@coulter.com
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 18:27:39 EEST

I used to use TPM but changed to propylene carbonate. What a difference,
for the better.

After I rinse with propylene carbonate and then rinse in tank of water,
I'll remove all structure and then lightly wet sand (in fresh sink water)
the supported surfaces to remove most, if not all, of that jelly, tacky
stuff you're talking about. Blow air to dry the part and then final rinse
them in the alcohol. I also use a horse-hair brush to help remove trapped
resin in the tigher areas. Parts come out excellent after the PCA. Hope
this helps.

Dave Oblak
Beckman/Coulter, Inc.
Principal Model Maker
Mechanical Design/RP

305.380.3764 desk
305.380.3579 fax
david.oblak@coulter.com

Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de>
Sent by: owner-rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi
07/23/2007 07:24 PM

Wehl <m.vries@wehl-partner.com>
cc
<rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi>
Subject

Am 23.07.2007 um 15:53 schrieb Wehl:

> I would like to know if there is some sort of better solution then
> after using TPM tank and water rinsing, afterwards scrubbing the
> support side of the parts with alcohol in order to get rid of that
> gelly like, sticky layer?????

How about doing all cleaning with alcohol (isopropanol) only? I had
best experience with laying fresh parts into isopropanol for 5 to 10
minutes, then brushing them under a small flow of fresh solvent.

You can distill isopropanol to get it back into a fully clean state,
no need to dispose any solvent. The remains of the distillation are
UV-cureable.

Markus Hitter

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/

mailgatemia2 made the following annotations---------------------------------------------------------------------This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Beckman Coulter, Inc. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.