Re: [rp-ml] Asking Kindly For Help - Magics

From: Markus Hitter (mah@jump-ing.de)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2007 - 02:11:10 EEST

Am 26.07.2007 um 14:55 schrieb DarekL:

> Now the SB tells me they are unable to Boolean the model. It's
> surprising
> because I did this model last year with different company and in large
> scale, with even more overlapping segments and it worked just fine. I
> suspect they might not be very familiar with Magics or on the other
> hand
> there is in fact some problem with my stl files. Therefore I'd like
> to seek
> a second opinion.

Magics is great for doing a few boolean operations, but the last time
I tried, doing hundreds of such operations is pretty time consuming.

Did the former SB really join all segments or did they just build the
stuff as-is? An SLA would allow to build overlapping segments.

Markus Hitter

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/