RE: [rp-ml] Solid Freeform Fabrication Conference

From: Scott Turner (scott@scicontech.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2007 - 02:22:37 EEST

I would have to agree with Tracy on this one. One of our two HiQ
systems here at SCICON is an upgraded Vanguard HS. There was clear
improvement in the "consistency" of mechanical properties we saw in
various builds over time. As we all know it is possible to vary the
physical properties of parts produced in an SLS process by simply
changing temperatures or scanning parameters, whether intentional or
not. What we have found is that with the HiQ we can now control these
properties very consistently from build to build. Better yet, we are
now able to get a very high degree of consistency in physical properties
from machine to machine on the first build. This has not only helped
our customers, but our bottom line as well.

Shane's unsolicited post seems a bit self serving for this forum?

My 2 cents,
Scott