[rp-ml] "Architectural Geometry" (Forthcoming)

From: Jonathan Chertok (chertok22@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2007 - 16:01:43 EEST

I wanted to let the list know of a forthcoming publication called
"Architectural Geometry" from Bentley Institute Press.

700 plus pages for the digital freeform fabricator. Heavily illustrated.

This one should eventually be on shop tables and in architecture and
engineering offices everywhere. I'll be reviewing a proof of the book and
will post notice of this when it becomes available.

It is also a good time for us to launch the Blog portion of our website.
Feel free to forward links. The site will be related to non-Euclidean design
and construction. We will also be heavily involved with rapid prototyping,
the organization of cad data, as well as the underlying mathematics related
to freeform projects.

http://www.universaljointdesign.com > blog

chapters 1 - 19:
creating a digital 3d model
projections
polyhedra and polyhedral surfaces
boolean operations
planar transformations
spatial transformations
curves and surfaces
freeform curves
traditional surface classes
offsets
freeform surfaces
motions, sweeping, and shape evolution
deformations
visualization and analysis of shape
developable surfaces and unfoldings
digital prototyping and fabrication
geometry for digital reconstruction
shape optimization problems
discrete freeform structures

Sincerely,

Jonathan

--
Universal Joint Design Associates
Jonathan Chertok. Principal
AIA Associate
Austin, Texas  1 512 407 9628
http://www.universaljointdesign.com
Development + Design + Construction
This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential information. It
is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. Any use
of the information contained herein by other persons is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the
sender (via the phone number above or email) and permanently delete the
original as well as any copy thereof.
Do not use any files or other data, via ftp or other means, without
subsequent permission in writing.
UJDA does not accept any liability for the contents of this
e-mail or its attachments.
Get the device you want, with the HotmailŪ you love.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/mobilehotmail/default.mspx?WT.mc_ID=MobileHMTagline