RE: [rp-ml] Investment casting

From: Bill Bedford (billb@mousa.uk.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 15:31:44 EET

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:44:50 -0000, Warner, Pat wrote:
Sorry the link were bad on an earlier post, now corrected

[snip]

> It may be worth posting a
> generic geometry (if you can) and asking the list for comments from
> experience.

Thanks very much to for everyone's input on this, There have been a
number of useful replies that I will be following up, though I have the
feeling that I'm pushing the envelope in a different direction to most
people. Just to show you all what I've put graphics of parts I would
like to cast in here

<http://w3w.mousa.uk.com/pictures/BLK1700 Frame.jpg>
<http://w3w.mousa.uk.com/pictures/BLK1700 Bogie.jpg>

These would be cast in brass

The sizes are

Frames 117 x 21 x 15 mm
Bogie 32 x 23 x 8.5 mm

The side frames on each should ideally be less than 1mm thick.

--
Bill Bedford
"Nothing is as important as model railways and even that isn't very