Re: [rp-ml] New RP Device

From: Ian Gibson (mpegi@nus.edu.sg)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2007 - 07:04:55 EET

Containers of adhesive? That sounds interesting. If that means they
selectively print the adhesive then that would make the decubing
process much easier. This was probably one of the worst things about
LOM and Kira. If the waste material wasn't glued in the first place,
it would be a lot easier to separate.

Kira used to have a laser printer to apply the adhesive toner to the
paper and a plotter system that carried a blade cutter. Now if
plotter also carried a glue pen as well as the blade, they could
dispense with the printer and use a simple roller rather than a
heated one. That could make for a very low cost approach.

IG