Re: [rp-ml] Thickness of Colored Geometry in Transparent Models

From: Todd Pederzani <tpederzani_at_protocam.com>
Date: Mon Jan 07 2008 - 17:33:03 EET

Jonathan Chertok (Universal Joint) wrote:
> I'd be most grateful to anyone that can tell me the minimum (or most
> effective) thicknesses of a colored plane - for instance - that sits
> within one of the transparent model processes.
>
> Similarly I am interested in knowing the minimum diameter of a colored
> cylinder in the same processes.

Are you referring to a specific process here? I know of processes that
can produce colored parts and processes that can produce translucent (or
"transparent", for varying definitions of transparency) parts, but not a
process that can do both. Is your geometry such that you can build the
parts separately and assemble them later? Being unaware of a specific
technology that meets your needs, that is the route I would investigate.

--
Todd Pederzani          tpederzani@protocam.com
ProtoCAM                Information Technology