RE: [rp-ml] Stratasys models for investment casting

From: JohnIrvin <jirvin_at_necoinc.com>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2008 - 17:21:37 EET

I remember a while back at a stratasys user group one of the foundries was
using ABS material in fdm's machines for master patterns. If remember right
you would shell the part to a wall thickness of around .06 to 0.1 inches.
SLS has I think a polystyrene that would be used for masters. Never used it
but did know about it.
Thanks

John M. Irvin
Honeywell | Environmental COE Sr. Project Manager
Office: 303.987.6159 | Cell: 303.668.1663 | Fax: 303.987.6150
Email: john.irvin@honeywell.com

The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and is subject to the attorney-client privilege. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are notified that any
immediately notify us by telephone (832-252-3124), and delete the original
message