RE: [rp-ml] V-Flash

From: Jason Dickman <jasondickman2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 13:40:43 EET

Paul and Kevin,
  2007 was an interesting year in that a record number of 3P Printers were installed yet most major service bureaus had solid or record growth. Our customer surveys show that most own some sort of desktop printer (Z-Corp, Dimension, InVision, etc.) but they still buy parts -lots of them. Desktop printers have their place in the product development process but will never replace the need for large parts or large part quantities that require production or close-to production materials, finishes and accuracies. The real "industry impact" from these printers is a refined or mature method of using additive fabrication to develop more custom products that have a shorter life. I believe that 3D Printers acutally help service bureas. In fact- we are giving our customers a chance to win a V-Flash at RAPID 2008 as a reward for doing business with us.

  Jason Dickman
  President
  American Precision Prototyping, LLC
  Spectrum3D
  www.approto.com
  www.spectrum3d.com

Paul Bordner <pbordner@laserrepro.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } Thanks for the clarification. I agree to an extent…

  Just recently there was a high end, high volume print shop that installed a $5 million dollar print press a mile away from my facility. There is still a demand to manufacturer equipment such as this and for service providers to invest in large capital equipment like this print press even when we can buy a $100 printer at Best Buy.

  Our industry may evolve very similarly in the next 10, 20, 30+ years. It will prove to be quite interesting and fun to be part of the evolution of our industry.

  paul bordner II
  president / pbordner@laserrepro.com / 614.206.0436 cel
  950 taylor station rd suite e / gahanna oh 43230
  614.552.6905 tel 614.552.6907 fax http//www.laserrepro.com