Re: [rp-ml] Stratasys models for investment casting

From: Kevin Adams <k.adams_at_therm-u-form.com>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 17:48:14 EET

John,

  I would be very skeptical of "white papers". While some may be helpful, others may only help to convince the reader of capabilities that just aren't feasible or realistic. White papers have generally become sales tools.

  Kevin Adams

John Morewood <john-morewood@speakeasy.net> wrote:
  Hi All,
The following is a URL to a white paper on "Investment Casting Using FDM/ABS
Rapid Prototype Patterns" that you will find informative ...

http://www.stratasys.com/uploadedFiles/North_America/Media/WP%20InvestmentCastingBlake.pdf

I have my own Dimension SST 1200 that I'm am going to be using to make
patterns for 1:16 scale model tanks. I am very interested in the amount ash
produced from pattern burnout as it relates to the quality of the casting.

-jay-
Zip-Bit, Inc.