Re: [rp-ml] Metal laser Sintering

From: Todd Pederzani <tpederzani_at_protocam.com>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 17:53:35 EET

Ricardo Amaral wrote:
> Anyone to suggest me a starting point for researching MLS
> manufacturers? I'm not having much luck with google.

Ricardo, take a look at:

DMLS - EOS's direct metal laser sintering -
http://www.eos.info/products/metal-laser-sintering.html?L=1
SLS LaserForm - 3D System's metal process (which needs infiltration to
be fully dense) -
http://www.3dsystems.com/products/solidimaging/lasersintering/laserformA6.asp
ProMetal - http://www.exone.com/eng/technology/x1-prometal/
MCP's Realizer - http://www.mcp-group.com/rpt/rpttslm.html

Those are the direct metal technologies I know about, but doubtless
there are more. And if you're just looking for metal parts, there are
plenty of ways to use RP to do that. The direct metal processes aren't
necessarily the most cost efficient ones.

--
Todd Pederzani          tpederzani@protocam.com
ProtoCAM                Information Technology