RE: [rp-ml] Connex500 Operating Settings

From: Gary Miller <gary.miller_at_industrial-plastic-fabrications.co.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 19 2008 - 11:19:58 EET

Hi David

Thanks for the excellent reply to all things Connex.

My understanding is the same as yours, that the 27 shore hardness TangoPlus is still in the testing phase. Like you our printer won't be able to print with the TangoPlus but we're also interested to know what additional combinations this resin will give us.

You mentioned purging resin when changing between 'digital' and 'high quality', do you know how much wastage this creates? Our existing system is an old Objet Quadra Tempo that's been upgraded to the Eden range (I have to add that the printer has been extremely reliable, in four years we only experience two breakdowns), when changing from a Vero resin to a Tango we lose approximately 120g on a short cycle change-over and 200g on a long cycle change-over. We try to only perform the long cycle change-over when we are changing from black to any other resin.

Is it a similar process time and wastage wise?

Regards,

Gary

Best Regards

Gary Miller
Head of Rapid Prototyping

Industrial Plastic Fabrications Ltd
Tel: 01992-893231
DD: 01992-840129
Fax: 01992-893530
Mob: 07971589053
Email - gary@ipfl.co.uk
MSN - garymiller79@hotmail.com
Visit our new website www.ipfl.co.uk

please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?