Re: [rp-ml] Printing Facet Edges on RP Models

From: <rcltd_at_nckcn.com>
Date: Fri Apr 11 2008 - 21:48:48 EEST

SDSC was using a Laminated Object Manufacturing machine (Helisys) several
years ago to make gridded models - could that be the process you describe?

Bob Crangle

Rose & Crangle, Ltd
785 524 5050

> I've been coming at this one from a number of angles so apologies for
the number of attempts.

> What is the closest I can get to physically printing the edges of my
triangular facets onto the body of my rp model?

> Is anyone familiar with the specific methodology for doing this? Do I
have to create actual geometry?

> Also, many years ago I saw some gridded models produced by Michael
Bailey and his group as SDSC.

> Is anyone aware of what this proces is and whether one could achieve
the above with this process?

> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
> http://www.universaljointdesign.com
> development + design + construction
>
> [ bLOG ] on digital tools, rapid prototyping technologies and the
fabrication of free-form
structure.

This message was sent using NCKCN MailMan.
http://www.nckcn.com/