[rp-ml] Universal Joint at SIGGRAPH 2008 in August

From: Jonathan Chertok (Universal Joint) <chertok_at_universaljointdesign.com>
Date: Mon May 19 2008 - 07:02:39 EEST

Hi All.

I recently had a good deal of work accepted for Exhibition at the
Association for Computing Manufacturing's SIGGRAPH (Special Interest
Group on Graphics and Interactive Techniques) Conference in Los Angeles
in August in the New Technology division. It's a pleasure to have the
effort end up in this kind of venue.

If it is realized as envisioned, I think it will be a really
extraordinary exhibition of work. I know August will come around quickly
and that I will have my hands full, so I'm hoping to have everything
lined up and ready to go as soon as possible. And since this is
independent research I am going to throw out the following needs:

Contacts in LA that are willing to loan out roughly 30 - 12" x 12" x 48"
pedestals.

RP Online and Print Media contacts interested in a good story with
beautiful models and an intriguing intellectual component. I expect the
story will revolve around ZCorp plaster models, Objet Connex 500 models
and perhaps sintered, cast and/or chrome plated bronzes.

Please feel free to contact me off list if you can help realize this vision.

Most Sincerely,

Jonathan

***

Jury Comments:

"Both scientists and artists on the jury greatly appreciated this work"

"This installation is the result of extensive work on visualization of
mathematical concepts that involves computer aided design and rapid
prototyping. Furthermore, it has intrinsic historical value."

Links to the work (the fifth link is acknowledgments for previous
assistance and the sixth shows some interesting architectural work to be
at the show):

http://www.universaljointdesign.com/wwwcms/welcome.php?menu=135&submenu=209&subsubmenu=304
<http://www.universaljointdesign.com/wwwcms/welcome.php?menu=135&submenu=209&subsubmenu=304><http://www.universaljointdesign.com/wwwcms/welcome.php?menu=135&submenu=209&subsubmenu=304>
<http://www.universaljointdesign.com/wwwcms/welcome.php?menu=135&submenu=209&subsubmenu=304>