RE: [rp-ml] objet

From: Gary Miller <gary.miller_at_industrial-plastic-fabrications.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jun 05 2008 - 11:48:13 EEST

Here at IPF Ltd we have two Objet systems, an Eden 330 that was in initially a Quadra Tempo but was upgraded and we have just installed the Connex500 multi material printer, the first RP Bureau in the U.K to do so.

Our 330 system is best described as a reliable workhorse, we've had this system 4 or 5 years and have only ever suffered 2 breakdowns. Other small problems have been solved over the phone with an engineer or with a next day visit.

The Connex has, in truth, had some teething problems but these problems have been quickly rectified (within a week of the initial install). We have had some very good builds from the Connex mostly using Vero White and Tango Black. The only outstanding problem we suffer from is the inaccurate estimation of consumptions and build time, to a RP bureau this is information of great importance. Objet are aware and are working to a solution and once this new software is launched we'll be completely happy.

As for the clean up we also use a jet wash, it's not the same as Martin's I'm sure as it's more of a homemade effort but we don't suffer leaks and we're able to adjust the water pressure to enable a more delicate approach where needed. We then use a solution on the parts that loosens the support resin and then put the parts through the jet wash again.

We have other RP processes in house and I can say with full confidence that Objet Geometries give us great support, it's also the most reliable and best all-round technology we have.

Regards,

Gary

Best Regards

Gary Miller
Head of Rapid Prototyping

IPF Rapid Prototyping
Tel: 01992-893231
DD: 01992-840129
Fax: 01992-893530
Mob: 07971589053
Email - gary@ipfl.co.uk
MSN - garymiller79@hotmail.com
Visit our new website www.ipfl.co.uk

please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?