[rp-ml] 3D Scanning Technologies - New Publication

From: Susan Roller <susan_at_3dscanningtechnologies.com>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 18:31:23 EEST

New Trade Publication for 3D Scanning Industry Premier Issue Available

Montgomeryville, PA v 3D Scanning Technologies, the first and only
trade publication dedicated exclusively to the 3D scanning industry,
published its inaugural edition in June to excellent reviews. “Our
first issue of 3D Scanning Technologies has brought us many wonderful
comments from our readers,” remarked Claudia Stahley, publisher.
“They like the articles, the industry information, and the look of the
magazine. Quality and continued improvement are our goals, in
addition to bringing our readers the information about 3D scanning
they are looking for, and that only they can provide us with.”
3D Scanning Technologies is actively soliciting articles, case
studies, and news from our knowledgeable readership. In addition, the
staff searches all over the world for the news and information about
3D scanning that you won't find elsewhere.

The magazine’s mission is to educate interested readers about all
aspects of the rapidly emerging technology of 3D scanning and the
variety of articles and columns in the first issue did just that.
“The cover photo and the “Sleeping Giant” article grabbed readers’
attention and educated them on the ‘giant’ application of terrestrial
laser scanning,” Stahley said. A subscriber commented, “I think the
first issue was great. I really liked the [Sleeping Giant] cover
article.”

Volume 1, no. 1 also featured a futuristic article entitled “Design
and Quality Convergence,” by Ping Fu, the president and CEO of
Geomagic, Inc., and innovative case studies on several 3D scanning
topics. Recurring content includes Industry News, the latest
scientific research, Q & A conversations with leaders, Industry
Roundup in the scanning and digitizing business, Conference News,
Product Showcases and News, Information about User Groups, Events
Calendars, and more.
Another reader enthused: “I am a product design consultant and
thoroughly enjoy reading design trade magazines. And now I have
another favorite magazine—yours. Great photos and articles. I cannot
wait for the next issue.” (Walt Lockard, design praxis, inc.)

Do you have a story that 3DST readers would find interesting? Please
consider submitting it to our editorial department. We are always in
search of new content.

For more information about submitting articles to, advertising in or
subscribing to 3D Scanning Technologies magazine:

Call: (267) 297-0033

Email: info@3Dscanningtechnologies.com

Website: www.3dscanningtechnologies.com