Re: [rp-ml] Dimension printers

From: Adrian Bowyer <A.Bowyer_at_bath.ac.uk>
Date: Thu Dec 04 2008 - 17:06:08 EET

Steve Pinkston wrote:
> Can anyone give me info on Dimension printers, such as actual material
> costs, reliability, cleaning time etc?

We have a Stratasys Dimension that's about five years old. It gets
light, but fairly continuous, usage. It goes wrong about once a year.
We have it on a contract, and they're very good about call-out etc -
it's usually fixed pretty quickly.

One 1 kg cartridge of ABS costs about £300 in the UK. You need two
cartridges: build material and support material. We use very little of
the latter, as we design to do without it. See this link:

http://www.reprap.org/bin/view/Main/HintsForUsingTheStratasysDimensionRPMachine

for hints on using the machine.

Best wishes

Adrian