[rp-ml] SLA 350 woes

From: Steve Stewart <Steve_at_protogenic.com>
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 23:39:29 EET

Hi, world -

We have an SLA-350, which we bought in 1997. It was recently upgraded by 3D to bring it up to current software levels, but that did not include the vat controller, evidently. As I understand it, the 3500 vat controller we got in from 3D has a completely different set of connectors, and the board internally is clearly different. It obviously cannot be used for the 350 as is.

The problem with the old controller is that the resin level sensor is inoperative (and the sensor itself has been replaced).

We are looking for a Vat Controller (or even wiring diagrams so maybe we could troubleshoot). Or, we are willing to buy a controller if you have a 350 or 500 machine that you are salvaging for parts.

Or, of course, any other clever ideas that anybody can come up with are greatly appreciated.

Ours says this on the board itself:

PCBA Chamber Controller
350/500
20070-901-01
REV C S/N 1069

TIA,

-Steve

 <<Picture (Metafile)>>

Protogenic, a Division of Spectrum Plastics Group

Steve Stewart
steve@protogenic.com
303.252.0212 main
303.453.8032 fax

Protogenic
7401 Church Ranch Blvd, Suite 206
Westminster, CO 80021
Main Tel: 303.252.0212
www.protogenic.com <http://www.protogenic.com/>

This message is confidential and intended for the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others; also please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. Please verify that you will delete the e-mail in your reply. Thank you.