Re: [rp-ml] Low Cost 3D Scanning

From: John Eric Voltin <jevoltin_at_agile-technology.com>
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 19:36:52 EET

Just yesterday I met with a service bureau that specializes in 3-D
scanning. Based upon my initial meeting, it seems they are reasonably
priced and provide quick turnaround times. We discussed scanning a small
statue about 14 inches tall. They estimated the cost at $500 to $600. I
also reviewed several samples of their work. It was very impressive.

Here's their web site for any interested parties:

http://www.absolutegeometries.com/

They are located just outside of Austin, Texas.

 - John

John Eric Voltin
Mechanical Engineer
Agile Technology