RE: [rp-ml] Fwd: Jet Wax Materials for Solidscape 3D Systems

From: Steven Adler \(A3DM \) <adler_at_a3dm.com>
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 20:33:10 EET

Ricardo,

I understand their claim…. I just question the amount of testing that could have been done thus far.

For instance, If you use InduraFill with ProtoBuild you would get a very poor model. If you combine InudraCast and ProtoBuild you will get an icky mess. There are lot’s of things to consider here so we should question broad compatibility statements. Is it possible that this claim is more sales promotion than scientific fact …? At the end of the day, I also suspect that Solidscape might be reluctant to provide warranty service on jets and systems if Jet-Wax or any other third party material were found to be a contributor.

That said, the material might work OK. I would advise you clean out your entire delivery system for a fair test. You may also need to operate the jets at a different temp to adjust viscosity to correct dot pitch, depending on your machine type and configuration database…..

Keep us posted with your results if you decide to jump in…….

Read Today's Blog at

http://www.jckonline.com/blog/1020000502.html

Steven Adler

A3DM