FW: [rp-ml] RP and Me

From: Hilbrandt, Fred <fhilbrandt_at_fbiacademy.edu>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 20:10:04 EET

Elaine - We've been active in RP/RM for over 15 years now and at least
70% of our SL production goes out as final product. The primary
improvement over 10-15 years ago is the properties of the available SL
resins, allowing us to produce parts that actually look AND FUNCTION
like production components. This has allowed us to generate parts (from
our own designs) that have lasted at least 5 years out in the field.

A couple of years ago, several papers were delivered at the 3D Systems
Users Group comparing the various RP technologies and they found that SL
to be the most robust, due to the competing resin vendors driving
improvements in the products. SL, as far as we're concerned, is not
only alive and well, but probably the best RP/RM technology out there
today.

Fredrick Hilbrandt

FBI/OTD/TTS

Machining & Prototyping Unit