[rp-ml] OT: Kinematic Analysis or Animation Software

From: Jonathan Chertok (Universal Joint) <chertok_at_universaljointdesign.com>
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 22:13:07 EET

Anyone know of software that would analyze a configuration of lines to
determine whether they "permit for a sliding but not a rotation"? I've
got a famous configutation of lines in CAD and this is a kind of as yet
unanswered question related to them.
http://www.universaljointdesign.com/wwwcms/welcome.php?menu=135&submenu=209&subsubmenu=330

Additionally, I have a 3D model of a Universal Joint and had some
intention of animating a rotation of the parts. I have someone that can
render this but was hoping to determine if there is a method - or
software - that would allow one to animate a series of frames showing
the kinematic rotation of the parts.

Any lead appreciated.

May as well try and go 2 for 2 on the OT's this week...

Sincerely,

--
Jonathan
http://www.universaljointdesign.com