Re: [rp-ml] A note for designers in plastcs plus .. a great solution

From: Rachel Park <rachelp_at_rp-editorialservices.co.uk>
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 01:40:02 EEST

Any positive opinion of a specific process or technology could be
viewed as "advertising" whether for personal/corporate gain or for the
greater good and offering a wider audience the benefit of your
knowledge — very grey area if you get into the 'nitty gritty', which I
have done many times during my time in publishing. Experience has
taught me that there is much more grey than black or white on this
issue!

The original posting offered a positive — and well informed — opinion,
with a title and some adjectives that would do well on an advert,
granted, but from my perspective, having worked with Tony for some
years when I was the Editor of TCT, I found his knowledge and
experience valuable and his integrity beyond measure.

The most interesting point for me comes with the comment: "I was
surprised to find that a surprising number of my colleagues were still
unaware of the process."
Unfortunately this is too true, and not just for SPM, but pretty much
all of the additive processes. So, is crisis point in a global
recession the best or the worst time to push the message harder?

Rachel

Rachel Park | RP Editorial Services
e: rachelp@rp-editorialservices.co.uk
w: www.rp-editorialservices.co.uk

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents and any files transmitted with this
email are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address
to which it has been addressed. They may not be disclosed to or used
by anyone other than this addressee, nor may it be copied in any way.
If received in error, please contact RP Editorial Services quoting the
name of the sender and the addressee, then delete it from your
system. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions or comments are
personal to the writer. Whilst precautions are taken it is the
responsibility of the recipient to virus scan this email and any
attachments. RP Editorial Services does not accept liability for any
virus transmitted in or with this message.