RE: [rp-ml] 3D scanning of insects

From: Ingrid Weber <i.weber_at_simpleware.com>
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 11:40:23 EEST

Dear Javier,

If you would like to generate an RP model of the louse, I would recommend
MicroCT scanning and then image processing in software like Simpleware. We
have actually done a similar project with a beetle head (5mm) and it came
out nicely in a SkyScan MicroCT scanner - you can have a look at the example
on our website:
http://www.simpleware.com/applications/casestudies/beetle.php

If your colleague can get a hold of a scanner, we are happy to help with the
image reconstruction.

Best regards,
Ingrid

Ingrid Weber