[rp-ml] Industry support for prototyping and higher education

From: Goetz, Herbert J <goetz_at_fvtc.edu>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 20:58:08 EEST

If your company has considered donating any RP equipment to an educational institution - please contact me. My name is Herb Goetz and I represent the Fox Valley Technical College in Appleton, WI. More specifically, I represent the MIT FVTC Fab Lab; maybe you've heard of us. (I've included a link for you to familiarize yourself with us at your convenience). I was recently at the National Teacher Training Workshop at Saddleback College in California. They are named by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to be the national center for rapid prototype manufacturing; or as Terry Wohlers of Wohlers Report wants us to start naming it - "A.M." for Additive Manufacturing. Based on my visit there and recognizing the growing need for educational programs to graduate students with certificates in the following areas: Industrial Design, Product Design, RP Technician, Architectural Model, Medical Model and RP Technologist, your donation would make every bit of difference to the future of our industry. (I would imagine that your company may employ individuals with such titles). We would also be prepared to collaborate with the donating company on any of their future project using our faculty and staff. Even if your company isn't set up make such a donation, we would appreciate leads on any other RP equipment you may know about. Lastly, as a donation, your company would likely be eligible for a tax break/write off. Thank you in advance for your consideration in this manner and I look forward to your reply.

http://www.venturecenterwi.net/content/view/29/87/

Herbert Goetz
Industrial Designer
FVTC MIT Fab Lab