Re: [rp-ml] Industry support for prototyping and higher education

From: Terry Wohlers <tw_at_wohlersassociates.com>
Date: Tue Sep 15 2009 - 14:58:46 EEST

I hope that a subscriber to this list can support Herbert Goetz's request.

>> .... or as Terry Wohlers of Wohlers Report wants us to start naming it - "A.M." for Additive Manufacturing.

This is not an objective of mine. The ASTM International Committee F42 on Additive Manufacturing Technologies has proposed and accepted "additive manufacturing" as the industry standard term for the industry. You will be hearing more about it in the near future.

Cheers,

Terry

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.